The Golf Depot

The Golf Depot

Golf Depot Clubhouse was originally built about 1900 as the Prospect, Ohio Railroad Station by the Hocking Valley Railway (now CSX). Upon decommissioning and relocation it served for many years as a successful pizza restaurant. Upon that closing, our new owner saw that it could perfectly suit the needs of his newly developed golf course. The building was relocated as a stack of deteriorated panels and lumber. After much preservation and reconstruction work it was reborn as a clubhouse-restaurant retaining its original handsome architectural form and Victorian carpentry including the meticulous curved wood bench in what had been the original waiting room. The clubhouse and terrace placement take full advantage of the exceptional western view.

Though the traditional small town wood railroad depots generally exude considerable romance and nostalgia, they were not particularly well built. Much structural work was needed on this depot and our new owner showed considerable dedication and determination in demanding a faithful recreation of the original structure.

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Comment